Sometimes there are times in life where you truly have no idea which way to go. What's up? What's down? Not like there are times in life where you feel uncertain about a decision, but the true and absolute blankess. Over the past 2 weeks I have truly not known what to do or where to turn or what's going on. All of us (me and the girls and the hubbs) went through a nasty stomach virus. Started with the eldest and moved through the girls, than me shortly followed by my hubby. It hit Cory and I the hardest. I slowly started to feel better, and Cory was, for awhile. Than it just seemed like he wasn't feeling better. He kept saying that his stomach hurt. When we were unable to get an appointment with the clinic here on base, he went back down to the ER and they did some tests and it turned out that his liver enzymes were all screwed up. I automatically thought back to my gallbladder attack and having to have my gallbladder out. Yeah, it sucked but afterwards, I did start to feel much better. But, the wonderful services at Madigan didn't do an ultrasound to confirm or rule out his gallbladder. They sent him home with Prevacid to treat what they believed is just reflux. Two days later, while my brother in law was here, we ended up going back down to Madigan because the pain was back and by that point he couldn't eat or drink much, didn't move around much and had a miriad of other symptoms. After alot of discussion, I drove him back down to Madigan. They redid testings and we found out that his liver tests were backing down and that it more than likely is a bad ulcer developing. They started him on two more prescriptions to help with his pain and hopefully begin to fix his stomach.
This has, in alot of ways served as a great wake up call for him. For those that don't know, my father in law died a few years ago from 2 heart attacks. He was 53. That combined with my mother in laws chronic hypertension the deck is already stacked against Cory. Thankfully he has almost always been in good health and thankfully he does "attempt" to take care of himself. I won't lie, this has scared us both. I love my husband more than anything. He is my best friend, my soul mate, my everything. The idea of living my life without him by my side truly terrifies me. He's the reason I was born. God made him for me. God made me for him. There aren't any questions or reservations in my heart that he is the man I am meant to spend my life with.
We are both making some serious changes. He's going to talk to his doctor on Tuesday, I have already began to make changes in my life. I'm praying that we can both start to take care of ourselves, for each other and for ourselves. We have both said to each other and prayed to ourselves that we are able to make changes to prevent anything from happening to each other. I don't want to be a young widow, and I don't want to leave my husband alone to raise our daughters by himself either.
I don't want this to be something that turns into a "life father like son". And I don't want to live the rest of my life without him by my side. We have too much love and respect for each other to allow this to continue when there are things we can hopefully do to improve and prevent the situations that are brewing in our futures. We love our lives together and we love each other so much, we have to do something. And hopefully, now we both have enough motivation to make the changes that our bodies are now demanding we make.
"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference."


I hope that what ever the doctors finally gave to Cory are helping. I'm glad you didn't just give up and kept pushing... It's the worst feeling being shuffled under the rug by half-assing doctors! Good luck and here's to both your guys' health! :)
ReplyDelete