Yeah yeah yeah, I know.
Ok, so we're gearing up for summer vacation here in the Burton house. The girls are done with school on June 10th. We've been trying to figure out what we want to do this summer to keep the girls busy and hopefully enjoy sometime together with family.
I bought us tickets to several of the Kinston Indians Baseball games. We've gone to a few so far and the girls LOVE it. There's a mascot that Maggie absolutely in love with named "Scout". Everytime we've gone Maggie has gone BALLISTIC for Scout. On Saturday nights they have fireworks that the girls love to watch. Going to the games is something that will definitely keep them happy and gives them something to look forward to.
We've also decided to sign them up for Gymnastics which they just started and they seem to like. Maggie is naturally able to balance (go figure right?) and she loves the trampoline. Riley and Ella like it too, but seem to have their father's athletic ability. (which is non-existant) They'll go to gymnastics once a week and hopefully make some friends along the way too.
And, to top it all off - they're all going to be playing T-Ball (Maggie and Ella) or Coach Pitch Softball (Riley). They have games on Saturday mornings and practice two days a week. That will go on through the end of June. They'll get trophies and hopefully not injure themselves in the process. (Seriously - my kids with bats, balls, helmets and gloves - that's just asking for trouble right?) I'm the team mom for the girls teams which will be interesting - but hopefully ALOT of fun. The ironic thing is though - Cory is coaching one of the opposing teams! Which will be absolutely hilarious to watch. The girls are playing on the Trenton team and Cory is coaching the Comfort team. This oughta be good right?
I'm sure it'll be a good summer. We're hoping to take a few road trips and spend some more time in South Carolina with the family there. The girls had alot of fun down there over Spring break and really had a connection with their cousins. And we were there to welcome a new member into the Burton family Benjamin Garrett Quinn. He is such a cutie pie! Cory's cousin Shane is the proud papa and the absolutely B-E-AUTIFUL mama Allie is such a terrific addition to the Burton family too! We've taken the girls to the Aquarium here too and Maggie fell head over heels in love with Jello - a stingray in the "petting" area. She was heartbroken when we had to leave Jello. We signed up for a membership so we can go back and see Jello again.
There are alot of things we're hoping to do with them if finances allow and assuming we're able to get them all scheduled. I've also started my own photography business "Blink of an Eye Photography". I've got several sessions coming up and once I get enough to start a website - I'll link it on here so ya'll can check it out.
But, I think for now - that's bout it. Not that anyone really reads this anyway but for those that do - let me know and I'll try to get back and update more often!
All the best!


sounds like it should be a fun summer!
ReplyDeleteWe still haven't been to any baseball, football or soccer games here in Seattle. We're such losers! ;)