What's Meant To Be
Grab a new Myspace 2.0 Layout

No Regrets
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com

Thursday, October 8, 2009

twixit update clip

I've been trying to figure out how to organize my house and make some decisions about it.  We've been on the waiting list for a 4bedroom house over in Olympic Grove for who knows how long now. Apparently, we're number 1 on the list and we have been for awhile now.  Who knows when we're going to get a phone call about a house.  In the mean time, we have 3 little girls sharing a room when the eldest needs her own room.  Mom is in her room, Cory and I have ours so we naturally have 1 room available.  That room is a therapy/play/storage room. I've wanted to give Riley the room for awhile now, but that's a change that I am not sure I am ready to take on.  Knowing our luck, we'll get Riley all settled in the room and then we'll find out we got a house and we're moving. So, we're trying to decide how to set this up and if we are ready to take on moving Riley into another room.

But, on the bright side, Maggie is FINALLY getting potty trained.  She's peeing on the potty and really starting to get the whole "peeing on the potty is a good thing" going on. Ella isn't getting it so much, but she'll get it sooner rather than later.  Ella is perfectly capable of potty training, she is just stubborn as all get out (yes, like her mama) and doesn't want to. Both Maggie and Ella are doing really pretty well in school.  They both LOVE going and love their teachers.  Their teachers keep trying to talk me into letting them ride the bus to and from school.  And I do want them to, but my neurotic, undermedicated self isn't sure.  It's not so much the bus part, as it is them being in seats w/out 5 point harness restraints. (Yes, my girls still ride in 5 point harness carseats and will until they are too big and too heavy and carseats aren't made to fit them)  School buses aren't equipped w/ 5 point harness carseats for kiddos.  It's the usual lap belt and nothing more.  That's not ok with me.  I want them in 5 point harness restraints and I don't care how short of a ride it is, I want them safe.  Anyway, I'm going to call the transportation department on Monday and find out if they have space and time for the girls. If they do, then I want to make sure they will be in the 5 point restraints. Call me over protective, but it's the safest way for kids to ride and I want my kids to be SAFE!

I'm also working on getting Maggie's birthday party planned.  Some of our closest friends are going to be moving or out of town for the majority of November, so we've gone ahead and set her birthday party up for November 11th. (Wednesday)  It's a "Tinkerbell" themed party.  All the kiddos will either get a "PeterPan" hat and sword or a "Tinkerbell" Wings and tutu.  It's going to be a really low key party. If it's nice out, then the kiddos can play outside in the backyard and bounce in the bounce house.  If it's not, then it'll be a simple indoor party and the kids can run around, watch movies and eat junk food. I'm really hoping to invite folks that accept Maggie the way she is and understand the litle idiosyncrasies that make Maggie who she is. 

Speaking of friends heading off in different directions, my friend A.L. is heading off to a new state.  She's had alot of major life changes lately and has decided to make a new start in her life for herself and her kids. It takes so much strength and confidence to do what she's doing, I really admire her for it.  She'll be leaving before Thanksgiving and I'm really going to miss her and her beautiful family.  Two of my other dearest friends are enjoying themselves in another country at the moment.  They're awaiting the arrival of their husbands back from 15 months deployed.  I know they are so excited to be welcoming their husbands homes and to finally be reunited with the fathers of their children.  They are also having a BLAST walking around Europe and shopping like crazy women, I do miss their smiling faces though.  I can't wait to see them back here in the states and give them big hugs. Another amazing lady friend of mine is more than likely going to be leaving at the end of this year. Her and her family will hopefully be heading back east to be closer to family. She's been a big rock for me and my family and I'm truly going to miss her. I don't know that her or A.L. know how important they are to me and how much they mean to me, they are really going to be missed around here. 

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 28 years old.  I have no idea what "28" is supposed to mean to me.  Honestly, I haven't celebrated my birthdays much alot in the past few years. It's not a big deal to me in any way. I just want to be with my family and enjoy the day.  I have to admit though, I am really looking forward to the cake my mom is making for me. Chocolate cake w/ Peanut Butter frosting.  Anyone that knows me knows that I L - O - V - E   peanut butter and chocolate. I think there should be a 12 step program for those like me. Cause I am a WHORE for Peanut butter and chocolate!!

Well, i'd better go do the mama thing and take a shower before going to bed.  Best wishes from Whirling Dirvish Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment