What's Meant To Be
Grab a new Myspace 2.0 Layout

No Regrets
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Musings...

The beautiful Christmas season has come and gone over here on Whirling Dirvish way. It was truly beautiful in our home. We had a few secret Santa's that really pulled out all stops and showered our girls with 2 VERY large bags filled with toys and clothes. We were very overwhelmed and touoched by their generosity. Someone also collected money and gave us $100.00 in commissary gift cards. In all the Christmases we have celebrated here at McChord this was the first time, ever that our squadron stepped up and put together something as wonderful as this. We were and are, very grateful.

The girls were overwhelmed with all the presents and special things they received. Lots of clothes, toys and other things they had asked Santa for. Thankfully this year we didn't have the major meltdowns that we had last year. I was really surprised that the girls handled it all as well as they did. They were like typical kids ripping through presents and whining when they got clothes, excited when they got toys. They all received a special gift from daddy this year. They each received a "heart box". (Ni Hao Kai Lan" has a heart box that she puts all her special things in) Maggie had been asking for one for awhile and she received it. She also got something else she had been asking for for awhile - an accordion. That's right, an accordion. It's almost reminescent of "Steve Urkel". It has all the buttons and whistles. She loves it. Most 5 year old girls ask for Barbies and Dress Up things, my 5 year old wanted an accordion. I'll post pictures of her and her precious accordion soon.

Riley wanted Barbies and other barbie items. She did get very lucky in that respect. She received lots of different barbies and things like that. She was upset that she didn't get a Barbie car or Barbie Town House, but she'll survive. She has her birthday around the corner and doesn't know what she has instore for that. She got several different "bigger girl" presents than last year. She got a robe (for privacy), a necklace, makeup and manicure set. She's really excited to start using all of her "big girl" things.

Ella was such a hoot on Christmas Morning. For those that don't know, she is NOT a morning person. Her sisters had to actually wake her up on Christmas morning. She did NOT want to get out of bed no matter what her sisters told her. When she did emerge she was absolutely floored at all the presents and shiny things. She was suddenly very much a morning kid that day. They were all so excited, but the look on Ella's face I will remember forever. This was the first year that all the girls really understood what was happening. This was the first year that we really built up the Santa image and that anticipation factor. We had to cookies and milk, carrots and celery for the reindeer and the note. Ella was so shocked that the milk was "all gone" and the cookies were eaten. She got lots of different things from Santa and so far seems to love her Ni Hao Kai Lan toys the most. Oh, and her "Loving Family MiniVan". She loves that it makes music and has carseats like ours.

As far as the tall folks on Whirling Dirvish Way, we were also spoiled by Santa. Moogee got lots of goodies from Marlene's Natural Market and the Hubbs got a gift card to half price books and clothes. I got a fondue set that I am really eager to try out. I might actually spring for the cook book from the melting Pot. I also got a charm bracelet and clothes too. So all in all Santa was very good to all of us this year.

Now that the decorations are down for the most part and the holiday season is coming to a close, we are gearing up for our move back east. We're really trying to be positive and show the girls that it will be a long drive but it will be worth it because at the end of the drive, all our east coast family will be there and excited to see them. The hubbs will more than likely (almost 1000% sure) be enlisting in the Army if he hasn't done so by the time we get out of here. We have to have a way to provide for the girls and all their different needs and the insurance with the Military is the best way to do that. We truly don't want him to, but it will allow him to get his Master's degree completed and me time to get through my LPN courses and eventually my own Masters Degree in Social Work. By the time we're done with a tour/enlistment in the Army, the girls should be old enough that we'll know their lifelong needs and hopefully have a much better way to provide for the girls than we do now.

In other news, the drama cyclone is circling madly here on McChord. (What else is new right?) The usual "she said, he said, they meant, they did" crud is going on and I'm enjoying my position on the outside of it this time. I really enjoy my drama free bubble and have surrounded myself with two really amazing ladies that are just as drama free as I am. They are both really funny and giving to a fault. We're able to relax and enjoy each others company without having to filter our thoughts or worry about backlash. They're really amazing and I will be really sad to leave them here at McChord and head back east without them. It's sad that I've been here for this long and I'm really just getting to know them. I've known one of the ladies for awhile, but we're really just getting to be good friends now. I really like her and her family alot. But knowing our luck and as similar as we are, we'll end up back on the east coast together sooner rather than later. The other lady is newer to McChord, but she is a little spit fire. I love her company and how genuine she is. Hopefully she and her handsome hubby will head back east at some point. But if not, I don't doubt for a minute that she and I will remain close no matter how many miles are between us.

Well, this Whirling Dirvish needs to go fix dinner for the midgets and fold some laundry. More soon folks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment