What's Meant To Be
Grab a new Myspace 2.0 Layout

No Regrets
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So far, so...k?

So, I've been an official Weight Watchers Member for one week. I have my second weigh in today. I have to admit, I'm pretty nervous about it. I've been doing really pretty well with my exercising and decent week food. (Except for Girl Scout Cookies, I swear those things are a conspiracy! And, they're my drug of choice. "Hello, My name is Erin and I'm addicted to Tagalongs.")

If feel alot better during the day after I have worked out in the morning. Today I tried the 6am Spin class and I enjoyed is as much as anyone can enjoy being violated up the wazzoo with a hard plastic bike seat. I was sweating within 5 minutes and it was a great work out. I did upper body weightlifting before the spin class so I know I'm gonna pay for that later. I'm really kinda proud of myself all in all.  I'm hitting the gym every weekday morning and breaking a sweat each time. I didn't do my walking this weekend with Kate, but in all honesty, I was too focused on the girls.  They've all been sick and especially Riley with this nasty cough she has.  I took them all to the doctor on Friday and found out they all had some kind of infection, so they're all on antibiotics.  Maggie and Ella seem to definitely be feeling better and I think Riley's still on the fence.

I worked in Riley's classroom yesterday too.  She seems to really enjoy my being there and I enjoy being able to help out the teachers. Her reading teacher is hoping to move her up into the next level reading group since Riley is doing so well. Yeah, I'm bragging, I'm proud of my kid!  So, if she does well with the extra reading assignments that her teacher sent home she'll probably move up next week.  And to continue with my bragging, Riley is Student of the Week next week, so she gets to do a presentation on herself on Friday, March 5th.  She's excited to talk about her family and we're excited for her. She's doing pretty well all in all.  We're working on her handwriting and math skills, but she's loving school and that's what matters most to me.

We've been having some construction done around our house too. Not by choice, but because of the wonderful military housing.  Two of the main pipes in the kitchen wall (yeah, the ones that run into the washer/dryer) sprung leaks over the weekend. On Saturday night we had to call maintanence out for an emergency fix. When the guy got here, he could push through the drywall with his finger and ended up cutting two holes in the wall to try and find the leak. He couldn't find it so he ended up bringing this beast of a de-humidifier in and having a hose run out of the dehumidifier and out the side/car port door.  That beast is still here draining water out of the wall. The regular maintanence guys came yesterday and ended up putting two much larger holes in the wall and replacing part of the pipes that apparently had rusted through. But of course, (because this is the military and it's just our luck) when they were scheduled to come out "first thing in the morning on Monday" they didn't get here until 4:20pm.  They were fiddling around and replacing pipes until around 5pm when of course they had to "call it quits" for the day.  So they're supposed to come back today (Tuesday) "at some point in the afternoon" to start replacing and repairing the drywall that they had to cut through to fix the pipes.

These holes mind you, aren't small by any means. We could easily fit Ella inside one of these holes, and more than likely another small child. (Anyone wanna drywall a few toddlers into my house? LOL I am just kidding). But, hopefully they'll get out here on time (or atleast before "quitting time") to start putting my house back together.  In the mean time, I'm going to shower and attempt to get ready for the day. (Cause frankly, i stink right now, that spin class makes you sweat in places you didn't realize could sweat!) I've got to weigh in today at WW and I'm pretty sure they'd rather I not stink. 

I'll update again soon with my new (hopefully smaller) weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment