So we're still sitting here at McChord waiting. That's purdy much it, waiting. The AF still hasn't sent us anywhere and they still don't seem to know which way they want us to go. They've gone from "you're leaving on such and such date" to "We're doing everything by snail mail since your rater is deployed" to "We might need to keep you here until the situation in Haiti is stabilized". We've done all the usual "pre move" stuff by selling all of our "un-necessary" stuff and taken down the curtains and what nots. The girls are ready, willing and eager to go. They want to get back to North Carolina and see all of their family. They're so anxious to get on with everything. We're anxious to move on with our lives. We don't know what the powers that be think they're going to do with us. They go from "you're out of here" to "now, let's just wait a minute". We have a great friend that was supposed to be getting out around the same time that we are and they've already shoved him off the base. They kicked him out with less than 48 hours notice to get off the base.
Part of me is really worried that they will do the same thing to us. I don't know how they could though. We are family w/ 3 children. He was a "single" man. I'm not sure. We're hoping that we can figure something out to get things on a definite time line. If not, we're just going to keep doing what we're doing. We're keeping up with the house cleaning so that if we do have next to no notice we won't be stuck with a huge bill from housing. I'm really hoping that we can ride this out and work something out that the command will give him his Staff stripe and we can complete the blue to green transition that we've wanted to do for over 4 years now. Atleast that will offer us something stable. We'll have continuous insurance and no break in coverage or break in service. He'll be able to continue to do his job and hopefully, we'll be able to move closer to home.
In the midst of all this we've been dealing with our other usual things. Kids are getting their services, doing well in school. I'm starting my new "diet/exercise" routine on Monday. (Assuming I can find a sitter for the girls M.W.F. to take the dog to the dog park). Regardless, my Brand New Girl blog still stands. I want and NEED to get my butt in gear. Sad news though, one of my closest friends is moving. I'm excited for her to be able to get off McChord and be able to move on to a new adventure. But, I won't lie, I am going to miss her more than words can say. She's an amazing girl that has been going through some hard times and I really hope that moving on to a new adventure will bring her the things she has been wanting for years.
Anyway, i'm off to continue to work on finding a sitter for the girls for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30 - 10:15am so I can get the rodent out of the house for awhile. :)
Best Wishes from Whirling Dirvish Way.


Wow, so I had no idea that they gave you guys another cop-out for an excuse by saying the disaster is Haiti is now an issue!! I thought Cory was going to go to Legal, he really should. Go to legal and write his Congressman! This is unacceptable and just plain bullshit. He should get his stripe if nothing else, he earned it and it was their mistake is wording that shot them in the foot, he should get it.
ReplyDeleteAs for the babysitter from the next post I think, just go for it. Your a good judge of character so trust it. If you need me to, I'll make a random stop by just to say hello and to "check" on how it's going. It'll only take a minute and it will keep him on his toes. But as nervous as you may feel have a young man alone with your girls, I have worked with a couple of younger men in classrooms I have worked in. They'd be doing a practicum or something through their school but I find it fascinating the way children respond differently to a male energy. It's a pretty neat thing :)
And about the friend that is leaving McChord, SHE WILL MISS YOU TOO!!! You have become the biggest blessing of being stationed here for me (I mean her.. hehe) and I thank you for everything you have given me, right down to the conversation and support you offer. Love you!