What's Meant To Be
Grab a new Myspace 2.0 Layout

No Regrets
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just another twist in the road

It is so weird, we're finally leaving McChord.  I'm not exactly excited and I'm not sad either. I'm feeling rather neutral about it.  I don't want to leave my friends and all the wonderful individuals that I've met here. I'm sad for my girls who have made friends. Today Riley bridged into Brownies and one of her closest friends was actually crying. I know Riley and her friend were close, but I think it was the first time I can say that I've really seen the connection between my kids and their friends. Their own little lives. Tomorrow is their last day of school.  I've grown pretty close to the girls teachers and the idea of leaving these people who have invested so much in my girls is hitting me harder than I thought.  It's been so nice to know that I could send the girls to school and not worry about their safety or their well being. Now, they're finishing school and next year, they'll be off to new grades and new teachers. Ugh, I don't know what I'm going to do! Riley will be going into 2nd grade!!  I can't wrap my head around that. Maggie will be going into Kindergarten of some kind, and that's a whole barrel of monkies in itself.  Ella has another year of preschool before she goes into kindergarten. Atleast that gives me some "cushion" in my neurosis.

Tomorrow the movers come and pack everything up. Wow.  This is our first move since we came out here.  I'm trying to imagine this house without all of our things in it.  The pictures are down off the walls, things are being set aside to take with us, others will be packed up tomorrow to be loaded onto a truck and moved to North Carolina. I hate the idea of my favorite things, all of the memories attached to them being driven away by strangers. We're really going to try and limit what we take with us in the van. We'll have Kate and her massive crate with us. The kids clothes and such.  Their favorite pillows and blankets will be with us along with the truly bear essentials. We're trying to figure out what to do with all our groceries and such, but I'm sure I can find a willing friend that would like them. Thankfully though, we won't have alot of things left though. I'm sure we'll find homes for everything though. :)

We'll get it figured out, the same way we always have.  Our big worry at this point is that we have been told Cory can't re-enlist in the military for 90 days from his date of separation. (April 20th) So, when we get back east, we'll have to figure out how to make things work. I'm sure we will be able to, but I'm not sure how. Our needs are alot different than they were 6 years ago.  I'm hoping that when we get back east we'll be able to find a way around that regulation and get him in and the benefits coming.  Our goal is that we're at our next duty station before the school year starts. Lots of prayers for that please!! We could really use them for a safe travel and that he is able to enlist quickly.

Well, we're off to pack clothes and sort things to put aside for our trip. Prayers please my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment