What's Meant To Be
Grab a new Myspace 2.0 Layout

No Regrets
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sweating through Mother's Day

Never thought I would say that I sweated through my Mother's Day and loved it. Started with my man coming in and telling me that he was taking the girls to church. That was a shocker but great. I loved hearing that from him. He told me to stay in bed and sleep and I tried, but the chickens and dogs weren't having that. Which was alright, it was strangely peaceful. (Not sure why, but it was. :)  ) So I got up and dealt with the dogs (who were barking at someone walking through the backyard) and fed the chickens.  I got dressed and decided to start working around the house. Who knew I would be ambitious on Mother's Day.

I started moving things around and washing the dishes. By the time they all got home from church I had gotten alot accomplished. We all ate and then my man and I headed into the storage building to start pulling boxes out to unpack and sort through. I then decided that it would be a smart idea to sort through all the boxes and pull out our things, put my mom's things in one spot, so on and so forth. I ended up rearranging all of our stuff and things ended up leaving alot more room than I started with.  Took about 3 hours but it was so worth it. Atleast now I know where things are and got things set up to pull out to unpack alot easier.

Around 3 I finally said I was done moving stuff around outside and that it was time to move more things around inside. Riley became my big helper and we started unpacking things for the kitchen. We packed up some of the things that were here and put them in boxes so they could be safely stored outside. Hopefully by the end of this week the kitchen will feel more workable and we'll be able to start eating alot healthier than we have been. It was so nice to see "Our" stuff again. I didn't realize till we were unpacking things just how much I missed "our kitchen".  Eventually I'll back to cooking, baking and making our food. I really miss that. I miss knowing what my kids are eating and seeing them eat things that are healthy.  By 5 we were ready to call it quits so we put a few things back in the storage building and brought more things inside to unpack during the evening. We had to make a run to the store so we headed out the door around 5:30 and went to "Piggly Wiggly".

The hubby dropped me off there and he and the girls went to grab dinner from McDonald's.  I grabbed what we needed from there and by the time I checked out the family was waiting for me outside.  We came home, unloaded and had dinner. I'm sitting here now, after 8pm and the girls are all singing "Cowboy Casanova" in the shower. Hubby and I got the boxes that were in our room unpacked and put things away so we know where they are.  I know we still have a LONG way to go in making this house into our home, but it's already feeling more like home as I look over in the closet and see the girls coats hanging up and see their binders on the dresser. 

I know this is our "temporary home", but it really feels more like home now that we're putting our touches on things and trying to make it more comfortable for the girls and us. Hopefully tomorrow we'll empty more boxes and find more of their things and the things that make our home a home. Most of you have been in my house before so you know what I mean. I know that this all will work out and that by the end of the month the girls will know that they're "home".  When we pulled in the driveway after running to the store and such, the girls saw the blue star on the front porch. They asked why our star is on the front porch and when we told them that the star was marking our "home" they all seemed to understand it a little better.

I really hope that they start to see this place as their home and feel safe again. I'm hoping by the end of this week to have alot more accomplished and get all of the paperwork going to get us the benefits we need and the girls enrolled for school next year. It's going to be a crazy week but a really good one I hope. I know I'm going to ruffle alot of feathers this week by doing the things that we're doing, but I honestly don't care.  Hubby and I talked last night and came to a decision.  Every week we'll email the folks that need to know what we plan on doing that week.  Hopefully they'll acknowledge it and if they have problems with our plans for the week (and for the house) they'll say something.  But regardless, we have to get some things done and get this house and our family back on a good schedule and a good leaf.

Well, I'm off to wash dishes and then shower! Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, you're amazing! Way to make the best of a difficult situation! I hope it is nice being back w/ family and I hope things continue to settle down for you guys. If you ever need to chat or anything, feel free to email me.

    ReplyDelete