Life has been turning into a new kind of chaos around here lately. I'm not sure that it's entirely bad, but I'm not sure if it's good either. I'm not sure when it happened, or why, but everything has been coming to a head all at once. Today, Cory is registering for his classes at Campbell. He got a late start and I could tell his was mad about that. He'll be home sometime later tonight after he's finished. It's apparently an all day process. His classes start on the 24th. Yeah, next Tuesday. I know he's anxious about it, but I know once he gets out of his own way, he'll do great.
On Monday, Riley will be having surgery to remove her PE tubes and place a patch over the hole that has developed in her ear drum. It won't be a long surgery or one that should leave her in much pain. We're hoping that this will restore her hearing. It really bugs me that my kid is only 7 years old and this is her 3rd surgery that involves her ears. She has a conductive hearing loss, but the doctor seems to think that this surgery will help restore her hearing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's right.
On Tuesday, Cory starts his classes. This will be interesting to say the least. He's been home with us every day since April. I'm not sure how the girls are going to do with the transition of him going back to school. Hopefully, it won't be too rough. Ella has her testing for her preschool placement that day. It's going to be hard figuring out how to help Ella and still challenge her.
On Wednesday, Riley will start 2nd grade! I'm overwhelmed at the idea at having a 2nd grader. When did that happen?!? I remember her first day of Preschool almost 5 years ago. Now, she's starting 2nd grade! I'm really hopeful that she'll enjoy it and be successful. Her confidence is so shaky that I'm not sure how she'll respond to a new class, new school, new friends - new everything! Add in that she'll only be 2 days post op and her Daddy won't be there and it's going to be a unique experience!
On Thursday, it'll be the same as Wednesday. We're really anxious to see how she does. We found out that Riley needed glasses, so those have been ordered and should be in pretty soon. I'm really, REALLY hoping that they help her to keep up with the rest of the class.
On Friday, Cory should be home. And, it's Maggie's first day of Kindergarten. Kindergarten is a full day program here. Maggie has never gone to a full day program before. And, this will be her first year being separated from Ella at school. I'm not sure how either of them are going to do with that. Thankfully Maggie will have a great teacher and she'll have resource time to help her catch up to the rest of the Kindergarten class. And, Maggie also needed glasses, and hers should be in soon as well.
Also on Friday, Cory will be heading off for the weekend to do a weekend full of wrestling shows with his friend Greg. He's been looking forward to this for awhile and I'm excited for him to be able to do this. Mom will be coming down that weekend too, so the girls will have a great distraction.
That weekend we'll spend recovering from a hectic week and gearing up for the following week. Cory should be home on Sunday (at some point) and he should be home on Monday as well. We'll see though. Things for Ella are still pretty undecided. We'll meet to discuss her test results and things on the 30th or the 1st. The girls see the dentist that day too. Joy.
Add into all this, their dance and gymnastics classes and girl scouts. The kids have dance 4 days a week. Maggie has tap/jazz on Mondays. On Tuesdays Ella has ballet/tap, followed by Maggie and Riley having Ballet, then Riley has ballet again after that. On Wednesdays, Riley and Maggie have acrobatics (aka gymnastics). And on Thursdays, we finish out the lessons with Ella's second Ballet/Tap class. Somewhere in all that, we'll have Girl Scouts too. Maggie will be a first year Daisy and Riley will be a first year Brownie.
We'll also have ABA therapy, OT, PT and Speech mixed in as well. I'm very grateful that our girls will be able to have all the services they need in addition to school and "normal" stuff. But I have a feeling that it's going to be a hectic first few weeks getting into our new schedules and routines. And we'll hopefully be moving into our new house at some point in all this. I'm praying that it all works out so that all 3 of the girls will have full day school so that I can keep up with the housework, find time for myself to exercise and transition us to the all vegan diet.
This makes for a new definition of "Chaos".


No comments:
Post a Comment