What's Meant To Be
Grab a new Myspace 2.0 Layout

No Regrets
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

oops

Yeah, i kinda forgot about this and haven't posted in awhile. Sorry. 

It's almost 1am here so this is my short update with a longer one coming by the end of the week. Promise!

Umm....where to start. The house.

We moved into a new house in Trenton. It's great with very few exceptions. I'll get outside and take new pictures tomorrow. It's a work in progress (a really, REALLY long process) but slowly and surely, we'll make it ours.  It's a 3bedroom, 2 bath house in Trenton. We've kind of turned it into a 4bedroom, 2bth house. It's got a great kitchen and lots of windows. :)

My mom moved in with us again. She's been pretty sick and it looks like she has thyroid cancer. So, she moved in with us so that we could help take care of her and so she could be around the girls more. They love having her here and she seems better with the kids around more.

Riley is doing so great all in all. She was named "Student of the Month" for the 2nd grade and loves school. She's been sick alot which she hasn't like, but what kid would?  She didn't like missing school, but she's happy to be back and making friends.

Maggie is doing wonderfully other than being sick too.  She loves kindergarten and has made lots of friends. She even has a "boyfriend" named Dylan. Those two are hilarious together. Joined at the hip. His mom and I joke about them being "made for each other".

Ella is her usual self, of course, other than being sick. She's the life of the party in her pre-k class. She loves school and she seems to be quite popular with all the kids in her class. No doubt she'll have lots of friends throughout her school life, but it's a big relief to see her finding herself without her sisters.

Cory is good. Looking forward to being done with the first semester of his Masters' program. He's in the middle of taking his final exams and he isn't enjoying that. We're working on making a better plan for him next semester. The driving back and forth is killing us on gas, but he doesn't like being away from the girls that much. (Probably has to do with the military deployments he used to have. ugh.) Cory will be teaching art at the kids school on Fridays. He's excited about it and looking forward to making a difference at the school.

Me, I'm hanging in. Doing the mama thing and looking forward to more financial stability so that I can join the gym and get back to feeling better. I've kind of lost myself lately which is a major drag, but I will get back to being me soon enough I hope. I miss my friends so much. I miss the life I had at McChord where I knew people and had better relationships with them. (The utility free living was pretty nice too!) I don't think I've seen any real friends since September, which isn't good. Still hoping to go see Angel in Alaska soon. Baby Grace is due in the next few weeks and I'm over the moon excited for her to come! I know she'll be beautiful just like her mama!

All in all, things could be worse. The kids are still sick but will get better. Our finances will stablize soon and we'll get back on our feet. Christmas is just around the corner and then Riley will be 8, Cory and I will have been married for 9 years and we'll be looking forward to summer with time at the beach, memories to make and new babies in our extended family. Several of Cory's cousins are pregnant (Shane and Allie, Kevin and April and who knows who else) so they'll be baby love going around! (No, no more babies for us sadly, but I can spoil the other babies in our lives!)

I'm really hoping to head to Atlanta next summer to see some old friends and let the kids check out the Atlanta Aquarium. We're also trying to plan a trip to Baltimore to catch up with some other friends and check out that Aquarium as well. (yeah, I'm biased, Baltimore Aquarium is the best!) Who knows where else we will go, but I'm looking forward to the adventure!

Post again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, Thanks so much for sharing the update and thanks for sending the adorable pics of your kids! We love them and miss you all!
    I'd love to see pics of the house! hint hint! :)

    ReplyDelete