What's Meant To Be
Grab a new Myspace 2.0 Layout

No Regrets
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

oops, she did it again

yes I know. Broke that promise of posting again...sorry!  I think Anna is the only one who reads this thing anymore so here ya go Anna! (Miss ya'll by the way!)

Living in Trenton is going. Our finances aren't doing much better but God has a plan and we're going to believe that He will show us the way we need to be heading.  We're making slow progress on the house and once we're done with the girls rooms I'll post some pictures of the before and after.

Cory and I are on thin ice marriage wise. Our committment to each other and our being in love with each other isn't in question - it's the stress of everything and us being two very different people in some ways. I'm trusting that God will help us find the strength and peace to make it through this. We've made it through some really hard times before, but this time it's harder since we have the girls to think about.

I'm hanging in. All the stress and frustrations we have isn't helping my mental health but I'm truly trying to find peace in everything and believe that God is going to lead me where I need to go. I'm praying that my husband will be by my side, but I know that regardless, my girls will be.

Riley turned 8! I don't know when that happened - because I swear just yesterday she was a newborn! But, my biggest girl is 8 now.  She reminds me everyday that she's closer to 10 than 5, ugh! She's so anxious to grow up and all I want her to do is be little!

Maggie is 6. Thankfully she isn't reminding me how big she's getting, but she is reminding me that she'll be in 1st grade next year. We're having some issues with her teacher and school, but we'll make it through this too. The blatent ignorance that some people have absolutely astounds me - especially when it's an educator!  Grr...

Ella is going to be 5 in March!  She's so much like Riley in that she just wants to grow up. She keeps asking me if it's her birthday yet, and of course i tell her no, but she wants it to be her Birthday so badly!  It's funny that she wants to grow up so much but still wants me to help her get dressed and fix her stuff.

Mom is living with us again. She's been sick for awhile and I'm hoping that the new specialist she is seeing will help get her back on the right track.  She had some bloodwork done and hopefully that will give us more answers than questions.

Anyway, that's a snippet from the Burton Brood out here in NC.  I miss all of my WA friends and having a terrificly pleasant neighbor across the street with some adorable kids! She's purdy awesome!

1 comment:

  1. THanks for the update!
    I can't believe how huge they are getting! It blows my mind.
    Keep plugging at it with Cory! God is behind you two. He wants our families to be together and to love each other. He will bless you as you seek to follow Him! You guys are awesome! Just remember that!

    ReplyDelete