What's Meant To Be
Grab a new Myspace 2.0 Layout

No Regrets
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Marmie

I am laying here watching "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants".  Watching these 4 girls move along with their lives magically without bathroom breaks and bad hair days. Watching them travel without cars, days without ending, the lack of accountability to anyone but themselves and their "magic pants".  I'm watching it at the point where "Tibby" is at her little friends bedside (of course the little girl who is dying of cancer but still has perfect hair and beautiful balloons floating around her) and her little friend passes on this wisdom about how the pants worked their magic by showing Tibby that her life was worth living and that it will all be "ok" because she had the magic pants and her friends.

This little girl (who of course dies peacefully) passes on this wisdom that of course is well beyond her years. The story goes on to talk about perfect this and imperfect that. Honestly, I think all of these movies that are about "friendships" and four women moving through life is all tied back to some other movies that I know I have seen over and over again. Almost always linked back to "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott. I have seen every version of the movie, read the book more times than I can count. I always wanted to have the strength of one character or another. Wanting to have the ending that seems to tie everything up so perfectly and peacefully. Knowing that without a doubt that each character goes on to lead the life they dreamed of and "Marmie" was always there to pick up the pieces.

This too shall pass and all will be well. That's all that my story seems to be saying at this point. Anyway, I have a crying 7 year old to deal with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment