What's Meant To Be
Grab a new Myspace 2.0 Layout

No Regrets
Grab a Graphic from pYzam.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Small Steps....

I have been thinking lately about our future and the future we want for our children. Not necessarily about the careers we dream for them or the dreams we have for their futures, but something more than that. I want them to lead lives that are generous and give  of themselves, not of their wallets. My brother in law has been working with this "agency" i guess that connects volunteers with jobs all around the world. He was talking tonight about this predicament he has between going to Alaska to work for an exclusive resort, or working in Oregon for another "resort" type place.

I look at him and I see how much he is trying to give of himself, rather than give financial assistance or material goods.  His goal is to head ot south america and working with a company that is helping to filter good, healthy drinking water into communities where there isn't any. This company has been getting more and more publicity because the water is drawn into the community by the "round a bouts" that we all used to play on as kids. (those whirling spinning things that we would run around and around in circles, spinning in circles till we were dizzy and we would jump on and then just spin). Those things, powered by children with no toys and no other sources of entertainment, would not only bring joy and excitement, but clean and healthy drinking water.

That is something that I want my daughters to learn. That financially we may never have it "all", but we can always give of ourselves. Our time, our efforts, our love. I remember those things that my father in law tried to instill in me and my husband. i have been struggling alot lately with my faith, my trust in God. I have been seeking the advice and prayers from women of faith that I admire.  One of many things that they all have in common is that their faith has never come easily.  They had to struggle to find it, keep it, and pass it on to their children. I still haven't opened a bible and I'm sure that I'm not ready to, but I have been trying to give more and more of my worries to God and pray that He helps me find the strength tohave more faith that he can and will handle things in His own time. He will guide us to the right places and provide us with the right signs to make the wise and obedient decisions that He needs us to make.

Small steps in faith will hopefully lead me to a stronger more grounded belief in the things unseen. God is there, and God will provide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment